Life Beyond Logic -
It’s Been Fun
Over the last year, I have used this site to explore philosophy as a moment-to-moment way of life. I’ve done experiments on fear, breathing, yoga, walking, and other tools for going deeper into what Henry David Thoreau calls “living deliberately.” I’ve interviewed influential art of living philosophers like Byron Katie, Gay Hendricks, Erich Schiffmann, Marty Weiner, and others. Along the way, I’ve learned more than I could have ever imagined.
Now, I’m exploring my most challenging and rewarding art of living experiment yet — raising my newborn daughter. So for now, I won’t be adding new experiments. But for those who are new to Life Beyond Logic or for those interested in revisiting past experiments, I have listed links to a few of my favorites below.
Thanks for all your insights and comments along the way!
Here are the art of living experiments that had the most lasting impact on me:
- Finding Enlightenment in an Airport Security Line
- Philosophy as a Training for Death
- Why PhDs Are Overrated and Everyone is a Philosopher
- How to Surf the Internet Without Losing Your Soul
- Thoreau’s Guide to Walking Philosophically
- One Daring Act a Day
- Don’t Think — Breathe
- Intuitive Choosing — Emerson’s Solution to Indecision
- The Case for Living in the Slow Lane
- The Practice of Dissolving Fear
You can also still download my free ebook (just click on the image below):